Asgard Legend features a dynamic weather system than affects all field maps in the game. Each weather effect is based on town regions and all related surrounding maps rather than being affected individually (ex. all Geffen fields within a certain range of the town will be affected by the same weather).
Multiple types of weather events can now occur (only one at a time) in each region rather than only one potential type of weather per map. Weather effects can occur during both day and night cycles. When weather changes to an abnormal state, a warning announcement will be displayed.
- Earth elemental damage (physical and magical) increased by +15%.
- Players deal an additional 15% damage with melee attacks.
- Players receive a -15% ranged damage penalty.
- 5 Ashring can be found wandering around per map (only during a sand storm)
- Wind elemental damage (physical and magical) increased by +15%.
- Players cast time is decreased by 15%.
- Players have a -10% HIT penalty.
- 5 Sproutring can be found wandering around per map (only during a thunderstorm)
- Water elemental damage (physical and magical) increased by +15%.
- Players receive 15% less physical damage from monsters.
- Player flee is reduced by 10%.
- Natural HP regeneration is disabled.
- 5 Icering can be found wandering around per map (only during snowy weather)
- Fire elemental damage (physical and magical) increased by +15%.
- Players receive +15 to critical hit rate and +25% more critical hit damage.
- Natural SP regeneration rate is halved.
- 5 Volcaring can be found wandering around per map (only during a fall drought)
While not a Weather effect proper, Night cycles have an effect on the map in Asgard Legend. All Monsters walk faster during night time. This faster movement speed is removed at day time. (Note: this does not affect monsters on maps where the night effect is normally not visible, such as in instances or dungeons.)
During night time in fields, additional monsters will spawn:
- Low-Tier Areas - Spawns Night Zombie, Night Familiar, Night Skeleton
- Mid-Tier Areas - Spawns Night Ghoul, Night Familiar, and Night Soldier Skeleton
- High-Tier Areas - Spawns Mid-Tier + chance of spawning Night Ancient Mummy, Night Wraith, and/or Night Wraith Dead
Fog hordes are random events that can trigger on field maps, but only during night cycles. The map becomes covered in fog and a large amount of extra monsters that naturally spawn on the map appear. Defeating all the extra monsters will dispel the fog.
The chance of a fog horde occurring is increased while it is raining.
The location of fog hordes can be found by interacting with the Monster Board.