Stats are the six fundamental character statistics that make (or break) a character. Stats start out with a base value of 1 and can be raised as far as 99. With bonuses, the effective value can pass 100. Base stats are increased by spending stat points, higher stats costing more to raise. Stat points are gained with base level increases, the amount increasing with higher levels.
Strength: This stat directly increases your physical damage (except using Books, Guns, Instruments, Whips, and Bows), allowing you to deal damage even if you don't equip any weapons if you invest a sufficient amount of STR.
Every STR provides:
- An increase in Minimum and Maximum attack
- An increase in Weight Limit by: STR * (49.8 - 0.2 * STR)
|Total damage from STR||11||24||39||56||75||96||119||144||171||200||231||264||299||336|
Agility: Used to increase your attack speed and chance of dodging.
Every 1 AGI provides:
- Flee (chance to dodge enemy attacks) +1 (Base value. higher amounts provide increased flee per agi)
- Increased APM
- Sleep: -1.12% chance from being inflicted
The actual APM calculation depends on AGI, DEX, ASPD potions and skills, the type of weapon you are using, and your job.
Vitality: Each point of VIT provides the following:
- Maximum HP +1%
- approximately 0.8 VIT-based DEF (50 VIT or less, slightly higher with more VIT)
- Resistance vs. the following Status Effects:
- Effectiveness from healing items +2%
- Every 5 VIT: HP regeneration rate +1
The VIT-based DEF is not particularly useful at late levels (due to calculation being Final Damage = (Initial damage - Armor-based DEF (%) - Any cards that provide damage reduction or resistance - Any other reduction effects) - VIT-based DEF (pure value), but it still doesn't negate the fact it grants you much higher HP and great efficiency from healing items.
- The calculation to see actual HP increased with every 1 VIT is: Total HP = [Base HP * (VIT * 0.01)]
- The calculation to see actual HP regenerated naturally with every 5 VIT is: Total HP Natural Regeneration Rate = [Max HP / 200] + [VIT / 5]
- The calculation to see actual HP healed by healing item: Total Healing = Base Item Healing Rate + [Base Item Healing Rate * (VIT * 0.02)]. For more information on the subject, see Restoration Items.
Intelligence: Primary stat for spellcasters, and this is used to increase their MATK and MDEF. Every 1 INT provides the following:
- Increase of MATK
- INT-based MDEF +1 (approximately)
- Maximum SP +1%.
- SP restoration items effectiveness +1%
- Every 6 INT: natural SP regeneration +1
- Reduces Cast Delay
- Resistance vs. the following Status Effects:
Every 40 SP will provide 1 more SP regenerated during natural regeneration state. You gain 1 INT-based MDEF for every 1 INT you increase. INT-based MDEF is taken into account after all other factors such as cards, your item-based MDEF, and such has been calculated first.
- The calculation to see actual SP increased with every 1 INT is: Total SP = Base SP + [Base SP * (INT * 0.01)]
- The calculation to see actual SP regenerated naturally with every 5 INT is: Total SP Natural Regeneration Rate = [Max SP / 40] + [INT / 5] + 1
- The calculation to see actual SP healed by healing item: Total Healing = Base Item Healing Rate + [Base Item Healing Rate * (INT * 0.01)]
Dexterity: Decides your accuracy with your weapons. It also increases your APM (but requires more stats than AGI to increase), as well as decreasing cast time of your spells. It also increases minimum damage rate, allowing you to do better average damage output, eventually almost always only doing top-end damage should you invest in DEX highly. As noted in STR description, Book, bow, gun, whip and instrument users do not increase their damage through STR; they do it through DEX. Also, success rate of ability Steal (Thief's ability) depends on your DEX.
Every 1 DEX provides the following:
- Increased damage of books, bows, guns, whip and instrument attacks
- +1 minimum and maximum damage
- Hit (chance to land hit on enemy) +1
- Cast time:
Time * ((200) / (200+(DEX+((DEX/10)^3))))
- Thiefs: Steal success rate +0.01x
- Rogues: divesting success rate +0.2%
- Increases minimum damage of attacks
- Level 1 weapons: minimum damage +1
- Level 2 weapons: minimum damage +1.2
- Level 3 weapons: minimum damage +1.4
- Level 4 weapons: minimum damage +1.6
- Slightly APM increase
|Total damage from DEX||11||24||39||56||75||96||119||144||171||200||231||264||299||336|
Luck: Each 1 LUK provides the following:
- Critical rate (DEF ignoring attack) +0.3%,
- Perfect dodge +0.1%
- Hunters: each 2 points increases in 1% the chance of Auto-Blitz Beat be triggered, requires a Falcon and the skill Blitz Beat
- Every 5 LUK: reduces enemy's chance of landing critical attack by 1%
- Every 5 LUK: ATK +1
- Every 5 LUK: +CRIT equal to total Luk/3
- Resistance to some status effects
- Critical Wounds: -1.12% chance from being inflicted
- Poison: -1.12% chance from being inflicted
- Silence: -0.33% chance from being inflicted
- Blind: slightly decreases chance from being inflicted
- Curse: -1.12% chance from being inflicted
- Frozen: slightly decreases from being inflicted
- Stone Curse: slightly decreases chance from being inflicted
Additonally, LUK increases Critical Damage at a rate of (LUK + LUK^2 / 100) / 5.
- This means each 5 points of LUK is roughly 1% crit damage but increases to higher percentages per-point the higher LUK is. (Note: the critical damage bonus only applies to Base LUK)
- The critical damage bonus from LUK no longer takes into account status enhancements, only base LUK.
LUK does not affect ingame drop rates, or chances to get a rarer item when killing. Its simply based on in-game percents not LUK as a stat.
- The calculation to see actual CRIT rate:
Critcal Rate = ( 10 + (LUK*10/3) + (bonus*bonus)*2/5 ) / 10
bonus = LUK/3 and does not include LUK from any buffs (ex: food, Gloria)
- Going from level x to x+1 gives ROUNDDOWN( x / 5 ) + 3 stat points. ( ex. from level 94 to 95 is ROUNDDOWN( 94 / 5 ) + 3 = 21 status points gained )
- Going from level 1 to 99 gives a total of 1225 stat points.
- Characters start off with 48 points at level 1, for a total of 1273 stat points.
- Raising a stat from x to x+1 costs [(x-1) / 10] + 2 points.
- Raising a stat from 1 to 99 costs a total of 628 stat points.
There are also secondary stats which are determined by stats you have (along with gears and abilities).
Attack: Your physical-oriented attack rating for both ranged and melee weapons. It is listed as A + B in the stat window, where A is Weapon DMG + STR / DEX / LUK, and B is the damage gained from weapon refinement upgrades. Barring elemental issues, even if your main damage is negated completely, you'll always do the damage bonus granted by weapon refinement upgrades.
ATK = (STR+10) + FLOOR((FLOOR((STR+10)*(STR+10) / 25))/4)
Magic Attack: Your magical-oriented attack rating. Using the number here, you can guess approximate amount of damage you will do with your magical ability. You should be wary of enemy elemental state, as using wrong elemental spell will cause you to do low amount of damage.
min MATK = (INT+10) + FLOOR((INT+10)*(INT+10) / 49) max MATK = (INT+10) + FLOOR((INT+10)*(INT+10) / 36)
Defense: Your defense rating against physical damage. It is shown as A + B in the stat window, where A is Hard DEF, and B is Soft DEF. Hard DEF cuts damage by a %, whereas Soft DEF is a flat subtractive reduction.
Damage x (45/(45+HardDEF))
Magic Defense: Your defense rating against magical damage. It works the same way as plain DEF in terms of mechanics. With one exception. Soft MDEF is calculated with INT instead of VIT for players. (Monsters may use INT + VIT/2)? needs verification)
Damage x (45/(45+HardMDEF))
Hit Rate: Your accuracy rating, which is calculated as
HIT = Base Level + DEX + FLOOR(FLOOR((DEX+10) * (DEX+10) / 25) / 10)
Hit is countered by the target's Flee.
Critical Hit Rate: Your critical hit rating, which does damage that fully ignores enemy DEF, both % and pure value part. Because of difficulty of acquiring CRIT without sacrificing lots of other stats or useful cards/gears, it is recommended it is used on classes that naturally has fast ASPD one way or another. Offensive Skills do not take CRIT into account with the exception of Focused Arrow Strike. Critical Hit also ignore FLEE but not PERFECT DODGE.
When you attack a monster or a player, the target's LUK influences your critical hit rate. Every 5 LUK that the target has, you lose 1% crit (Which isn't shown in the status window). For example if you hit Angeling, that has 100 LUK, you'll lose 100/5 = 20 crit. This crit tolerance is also known as "Crit Shield" on Doddler's monster database.
Critical is doubled when you use Katar type weapon.
Flee Rate: Your dodge rating. It is shown as A + B in the stat window, where A is your flee from AGI, base LV, and other bonuses, and increases your chance to dodge physical attacks, and B is a separate chance of doing 'lucky dodge', which does not work against skills but can even dodge critical attacks.
Flee = Base Level + AGI + FLOOR(FLOOR((AGI+12) * (AGI+12) / 25) / 10)
APM is Attacks Per Minute. It depends on the player's class, equipped Weapon Type, Speed Modifiers, AGI and DEX. It has a maximum of 500 APM or 8 hits per second.
APM = 60/WeaponDelay * (600 + AGI*4 + (AGI^2)/25 + DEX) / 600
Weapon delay is based on class and weapon type. See APM for more details.
The following are values which while not directly visible in the game on the Status Window are directly measurable and can have just as big an impact on gameplay.
Attack Range is the maximum distance an attack or skill can be made from the player. For most weapons, the attack range is 3. However, If the player attempts to attack while outside of melee range the client will move to range 1. Bows get a range of 5 (Initially) and some special weapons have longer range (Such as the Long Mace). An attack is considered a melee attack if the attacker is < 4 cells away from the target when attacking. An attack is considered a ranged attack if the attacker is => 4 cells away from the target. Additionally, all skills have an Attack Range too.
Base Stats vs. Total Stats
Base stats mean the stats alone without the bonus part (which is indicated by +X part in your status window). Total stats include both base and any bonus stats you may have.
Be warned any investment in stats cannot be reversed except through stat reset NPC