|SP Cost:||Same as Sealed Spell|
|(High Wizard) Release lv. 3|
Reading Spell Book (Alt: Reading Spellbook) is a 3rd class active skill available as High Wizard.
Reads a spell inscribed in the selected Spell Book and seals it up. This skill can be used in conjunction with the Release skill in order to let out the sealed spells. The level of the skill determines which grades of spellbooks can be read.
"Using the skill itself clears all mind slots / stored spells."
Beginner spellbooks have a 0.8 second fixed cast time, and other books have a 2 second fixed cast time.
Each High Wizard has a number of maximum Mind Slots in which they can memorize spells, which is determined by Base Level, INT and the level of Mind Expansion if the player has learned it. This determines how many skills they can keep memorized at any given time.
Note that this is an implicit mechanic. There is no visible indication of how many spells a player can memorize or has memorized, save for a message in the chat log when a spellbook is read.
Mind Slots = ((5 * Expand Mind Skill Lv) + (INT / 5) + ((Base Lv - 66) / 3))
- Upon sealing a spell up, its SP Cost is applied immediately.
- Skills cast in this manner cannot be powered up by Mystical Amplification, as Release will consume the effect.
- Attempting to read a Spell Book for a skill the caster does not know will fail and put the caster to sleep.
- Spell books are considered Items and thus can be read during the cast delay of skills.
- In the same vein, reading a Spellbook immediately after entering a zone or teleporting does not forefeit the invulnerability period
List of Spell Books
These spellbooks can be purchased in the Geffen Mage guild (top left building in Geffen).
|Spell Book Rank||Spell Book||Mind Slots||Zeny Cost|
|Intermediate||Lord of Vermilion)(||10||200,000z|
|Wizard, High Wizard, Warlock|
| Earth Spike • |
| High Wizard
|Chain Lightning • Crimson Rock • Earth Strain • Ganbantein • Jack Frost • Mind Expansion • Mystical Amplification • Reading Spellbook • Recognized Spell • Release • Summon Fire Ball • Summon Lightning Ball • Summon Stone • Summon Water Ball • Tetra Vortex|
|Quests||Wizard Job Change Guide|