- 1 Mechanic Changes
- 2 New Monster Skills
- 3 Changed Monster Skills
- 4 Monster Element and RaceChanges
- 5 Champion Monster adjustments
- 6 Respawn Time Changes
For the vast majority of skills that monsters use, skills have a usage range based on the monster's attack range in the database.
Example 1: Valkyrie Randgris can use Sonic Blow at a distance of 3 cells given that Valkyrie Randgris can attack from 3 cells away, despite Sonic Blow normally being a 2 cell range skill for players. Example 2: Cecil Damon can use Double Strafe at a distance of 14 cells given that Cecil Damon can attack from 14 cells away, despite Double Strafe having a base 9 cell range for players.
- Sole Exception: Monsters with an attack range of >= 4 can only use NPC_PIERCINGATT if the player is within a 3 cell range.
For the vast majority of skills that monsters use, the monster's attack range in the database will determine if the skill is considered long-ranged or short-ranged. However, there are two exceptions cases that you may encounter in certain, uncommon situations.
Example 1: Soldier Skeleton (database attack range of 1) using NPC_COMBOATTACK is always considered a short-ranged attack regardless of distance between the player and the Skeleton Soldier. Example 2: Cruiser (database attack range of 7) using NPC_COMBOATTACK is always considered a long-ranged attack regardless of distance between the player and the Cruiser.
- Exception Case 1: The monster's range in the database is < 4, but the skill has usage a range of >= 4 (such as Spear Boomerang). These are considered long-ranged attacks as the damage is dealt from >= 4 cells away.
- Exception Case 2: The monster's range in the database is >= 4, but the skill is explicitly defined as short-range damage (such as Arrow Shower and NPC_KNOCKBACK Level 2). These skills are considered short-range for the sole purpose of ignoring Pneuma and long-ranged reductions like Defender in order to create more engaging gameplay.
- Knockback skills are now capped at a usage range of (14 - Knockback) to prevent knocking the player out of the monster's sight forcing the monster to teleport.
- The NPC_POWERUP skill has been disabled on all MvPs, but some other monsters may still use it.
- All regular monster attacks are now considered Neutral element. (Previously, ranged attacks were elementless)
Biolabs 3 MvP Changes
Bio Labs 3 MvPs now summon and recall slaves at a range of 1 cell instead of 2 cells. Because of this, the "Ledge Strategy" where you lure the boss onto a 1 cell ledge, causing its slaves to appear on the ledge below it, away from the boss and the party, is no longer possible.
However, the Bio3 MVPs now only summon additional slaves after more than 3 of them are killed. (Previously they would summon slaves as soon as one died.)
This means that up to 3 slaves can be killed before the NPC will start to summon more, thus the MvPs are easier to engage in a battle.
New Monster Skills
- Impenetrable Aura
Changed Monster Skills
The following skills now have a castable range of 20 cells:
Associated player and monsters skills changes related to the elemental table.
- NPC_UNDEADATTACK - Now shadow property attack.
- NPC_CHANGEUNDEAD - Now shadow property attack. Changes the target to shadow property.
- NPC_CHANGETELEKINESIS - Now neutral property attack. Changes the target to neutral property.
- NPC_TELEKINESISATTACK - Now a holy property attack.
- NPC_CHANGEPOISON - Now a neutral attack.
- NPC_POISONATTACK - Now a neutral attack.
Elemental Skill Frequency
Adjusted frequency and level of monster's elemental attacks in order to make monster elemental attacks more frequent and hit for less damage rather than to be infrequent and hit for high damage. This mainly targets monsters that used these skills at rates of 5%. If a monster was using one of the following skills outside the scope of this change, it was unchanged.
This affects the following skills: NPC_RANDOMATTACK, NPC_WATERATTACK, NPC_GROUNDATTACK, NPC_FIREATTACK, NPC_WINDATTACK, NPC_POISONATTACK, NPC_HOLYATTACK, NPC_DARKNESSATTACK, NPC_TELEKINESISATTACK, NPC_UNDEADATTACK
- Previous Lv 1 @ 5% -> Now Level 1 @ 15%
- Previous Lv 2 @ 5% -> Now Level 1 @ 20%
- Previous Lv 3 @ 5% -> Now Level 2 @ 15%
- Previous Lv 4 @ 5% -> Now Level 2 @ 20%
- Previous Lv 5 @ 5% -> Now Level 3 @ 20%
- Previous Lv 6 @ 5% -> Now Level 4 @ 20%
Monster Element and RaceChanges
- Reduced element level 4 monster to level 3. See Element for the new element table.
Previously poison element monster changes
- Poison Level 1 monsters changed to Neutral Level 1
- Poison Level 2 monsters changed to Neutral Level 2
- Poison Level 3 monsters changed to Neutral Level 3
Previously ghost element monster changes
- Whisper (1179/1185) - Now Holy Lv 3
- Baby Leopard (1415) - Now Wind Lv 1
- Dancing Marionette (2994) - Now Fire Lv 3
- Celine Kimi (2996) - Now Shadow Lv 3
- Eggyra (1116) - Now Shadow Lv 2
- Giant Whisper (1186) - Now Holy Lv 3
- Laurell Weinder (1657) - Now Shadow Lv 3
- Nightmare (1061) - Now Shadow Lv 2
- Ghostring (1120) - Now Holy Lv 3
- Marionette (1143) - Now Fire Lv 3
- Evil Snake Lord (1418) - Now Shadow Lv 3
- Kathryne Keyron and MVP - Now Shadow Lv 3
- Yellow Plasma - Now Wind Lv 3
- Odium/Despero/Maero/Dolor of Thanatos - Now Shadow Lv 3
- Thanatos (1708) - Now Holy Lv 3
Previously undead element monster changes:
Note: Undead Race monsters now inherently receives +25% more damage from fire element.
- Zombie (1015) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Archer Skeleton (1016) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Verit (1032) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Megalodon (1064) - Now Wind Lv 1
- Pirate Skeleton (1071) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Skeleton (1076) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Drake (1112) - Now Water Lv 3
- Khalitzburg (1132) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Orc Skeleton (1152) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Orc Zombie (1153) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Skeleton Worker (1169) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Bon Gun (1188) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Skeleton General (1290) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Quve (1508) - Now Shadow Lv 1
- Lude (1509) - Now Holy Lv 1
- Ghoul (1036) - Now Shadow Lv 2
- Mummy (1041) - Now Shadow Lv 2
- Anubis (1098) - Now Shadow Lv 2
- Ancient Mummy (1297) - Now Shadow Lv 2
- Antique Firelock (1403) - Now Shadow Lv 2
- Remover (1682) - Now Fire Lv 2
- Dullahan (1504) - Now Shadow Lv 2
- Hyegun (151) - Now Shadow Lv 2
- Skeleton Prisoner element changed to Shadow 1.
- Zombie Prisoner element changed to Shadow 1.
- Evil Druid element changed to Shadow 2.
- All remainder Level 3/4 Undead are now Shadow Lv 3, with certain exceptions.
The following monsters have been changed from Shadow 3 to Shadow 2.
- Osiris (1038)
- Doppelganger (1046)
- Pharaoh (1157)
- Dark Illusion (1302)
- Dracula (1389)
- Evil Snake Lord (1418)
- Samurai Specter (1492)
- Gazeti are now Formless, matching Ice titans. (They now have the Detector property to preserve their ability to see hidden players).
- Seyren Windsor and Eremes Guile are now Demi-Human. (They now have the Detector property to preserve their ability to see hidden players).
Champion Monster adjustments
Not relative to previous champion monsters, but relative to the non-champion version of the monster
All champion monsters base values of 5x HP, 10x EXP, 5x item drops, 2x card drops compared to normal monsters.
Swift - +25% ATK, +50% AGI, +20% ASPD Solid - +25% ATK, +25% DEF, +100% HP, +100% EXP Ringleader - +75% ATK and summons slaves Furious - +100% ATK, +100% DEX Elusive - +25% ATK, +100% AGI, and frequently teleports
Added a few more champion monsters
Furious Wootan Fighter (2611) Elusive Violy (2621) Swift Violy (2622) Solid Violy (2623) Furious Venatu (2625) Elusive Lady Solace (2650) Elusive Sleeper (2655) Elusive Mistress of Shelter (2665) Solid Cecil Damon (2667) Furious Sedora (2669) Swift Rideword (2681) Furious Retribution (2684) Elusive Retribution (2685) Swift Retribution (2686) Plasma Ringleader (2706) Solid Parasite (2720) Sentinel Ringleader (2726)
Changed "solid" champion monster DEF and VIT formulas.
Re-calculated champion monster stats to reflect changes to their non-champion counterparts.
Respawn Time Changes
The following MvPs are classified as "low tier" and now all have a respawn of 60~70 minutes.
- Amon Ra
- Evil Snake Lord
- Golden Thief Bug
- Incantation Samurai
- Stormy Knight
- Mistress (moved from mjolnir_04 to mjolnir_05 along with a few Hornet spawns on mjolnir_05 for flair.)
- Moonlight Flower
- Orc Hero
- Orc Lord
- Tao Gunka
- Zealotus spawn quantity increased from 1 to 2.
- Penomena (alde_dun03) no longer have spawn timers for the Penomena that can spawn anywhere on the map. Penomena that spawn in key areas of the maze retain spawn timers.
- Penomena (alde_dun03) that spawn in key areas of the maze have their spawn timer reduced from 10~15 minutes to 5~10 minutes.
- Added two Ungoliant spawns to hu_fld07.
- Reduced the delay on Wooden Golems (um_dun02) that spawn in certain areas from 4~5 minutes to 30~90 seconds.
- Note: the vast majority of Wooden Golems on the map still have no respawn delay.
- Geffen Dungeon Floor 1 no longer has Hunter Fly (gef_dun00).
- Amatsu Dungeon 2 now has more The Paper spawns with a respawn time of 5 seconds.
- Amatsu Dungeon 3 respawn times reduced to 5 seconds for all non-MvP monsters.
- Reduced timer on Gold Acidus, Blue Acidus, Red Ferus, and Green Ferus from 300 seconds to 10 seconds in abyss_03
- Removed respawn timer from 50 of the Isis on moc_rypd04. The other 15 retain a 1~5 minute respawn timer.
- Increased the spawn rate of Clock Tower Manager on map c_tower4 from 3 -> 20
- Increased the spawn rate of Leib Olmai (1306) on map prt_maze02 from 1 -> 2
- Added Santa Poring spawns in xmas_dun02 (Toy Factory F2). Quantity of 15.
- Added a few Hornet spawns on mjolnir_05 for flair. (because of Mistress living there now)
- All monsters in Thanatos Tower 7 and above with a respawn time greater than 19 minutes have been reduced to 19 minutes.
Spawn Timer Removed:
Baby Leopard (gon_fild01) Hermit Plant (gon_dun03) Evil Nymph (gon_dun03) Zealotus (gl_prison1) Shinobi (ama_dun03) Tengu (ama_dun03) The Paper (ama_dun03) Leib Olmai (prt_maze02) Jakk (gef_dun01) Ungoliant (hu_fild07) Elder (c_tower 2, c_tower4) Clock Tower Manager (c_tower4)
- Chepet (xmas_dun01) -> spawn timer reduced from 20~35 minutes to 5~10 minutes.
- Mastering -> spawn timer changed to 5~15 minutes across all locations.
- Eclipse -> spawn timer changed to 5~15 minutes across all locations.
- Vagabond Wolf -> spawn timer changed to 5~15 minutes across all locations.
- Toad -> spawn timer changed to 5~15 minutes across all locations.
- Vocal -> spawn timer changed to 5~15 minutes across all locations.
- Chimera spawn timers reduced to 3~6 minutes each location.
- Ogretooth spawn timer reduced to 15~20 minutes each location.
- Mysteltainn spawn timer reduced to 15~20 minutes each location.
- Executioner spawn timer reduced to 15~20 minutes each location.
- Dragon Fly spawn timer reduced to 15~20 minutes.
- Removed the respawn timer of Gemini-S58 in both lhz_dun01 and lhz_dun02
- Deviling, Ghostring, and Angeling spawn timers across all maps reduced from 50~60 minutes to 20~25 minutes.
- Deviling now spawns on pay_fild04, gef_dun01, and yuno_fild05.
- Ghostring now spawns on pay_fild04, treasure02, and alde_dun03.
- Angeling continues to spawn on pay_fild04, yuno_fild03, and xmas_dun01.
- Arc Angeling spawn timer removed with drop rates adjusted. Added Arc Angeling additional spawn on yuno_fild03 in order to have 2 separate spawn locations.
- Mutant Dragonoid spawn quantity increased from 1 to 2.
- Gryphon spawn timer removed. Quantity increased from 1 to 2.
- Am Mut is now a Miniboss monster