Grand Opening Date
Ragnarok: Asgard Legend will be officially opening on December, 14th, 2018 at 00:00 Server Time (US Central). There will be a countdown on the top of the forums as well to provide everyone with a more localized idea of when the server will be opening.
In the coming days, the website will become more finalized and there shouldn't be any missing information or dead links. During this time the server host will be changing slightly. It will still be located on the east coast of North America, but the specs of the server will be greatly upgraded to ensure the best possible performance. Based on the feedback from the beta, many players seemed to be having great connections to the server so the location will remain the same.
There will likely be a bit of downtime as the host is switched, but I will be sure to notify everyone of this over discord. After the switch, be sure to report any issues. Once the host has switched and the website is more presentable (I.E. no missing or incorrect information) advertisements will begin.
Beta End Date
The open beta will end one week before the grand opening date. From December 7th, 2018 and onward, the server will be inaccessible to all players and all characters/items will be wiped. Any account made before that date will be eligible to receive the beta tester rewards below. Until that date, feel free to continue to test out mechanics and provide feedback on any aspect of the project.
In case you missed it, Ragnarok: Asgard Legend has undergone some significant changes to the game client and may require a re-download from the main website in order to connect.
I would also like to thank everyone for participating in the beta and for all the discussions over discord that have helped to shape the project for the better. It's been a lot of fun discussing ways to improve the game all while sticking to our original goal of revamping Ragnarok Online.
Beta Tester Rewards
For every master account that has been registered before December 7th, 2018, the following rewards will be bestowed. Note, creating multiple master accounts is against our policy and will result in punishment.
Beta tester rewards can be claimed in-game by speaking with the Specialist NPC located on the first floor of the Izlude Academy (iz_ac01 132, 85).
1. "Bug Squasher" in-game title. This is a unique title that will only be available to beta testers and will appear beside the character's name in-game.
- This will appear as an achievement once speaking with the specialist.
- To select a title, open the equipment window and head to the title tab.
2. A costume version of any headgear that exists in our database. These are completely stat-less and offer no additional benefit other than looks.
- Players will be asked to preview the headgear before making their selection in order to make sure that the item exists and that it does not crash the game.
- NOTE: if you wish to request a headgear be added to the database, please do so in the appropriate section of our discord channel.
- Costume headgears will be completely tradeable.
- Costume versions of headgears are likely not to always remain exclusive to beta testers and may potentially be available later on as a headgear quest.
3. A temporary increase in EXP. This is a 5% EXP boost for the next 3 hours after speaking with the specialist and claiming your rewards.
- This EXP boost is not removed upon death and is only available once after the initial claim of beta tester rewards.
Again, thanks to everyone for participating in the beta, providing feedback, and helping find bugs!