Photo

Rogue: Skill point investment for Plagiarism is too high (pre-req & skill itself)

suggestion rogue

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

essay

essay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Greetings,

Every rogue will be taking Plagiarism. You need 35 points to do so:

2/5 Tunnel Drive

4/10 Snatcher

4/10 Coin Sap

4/10 Backstab

5/5 Raid

5/5 Intimidate

10/10 Plagiarism

1/1 Preserve

For a sword/dagger rogue, you would also take 10/10 sword mastery, leaving you with 10 points.

This leaves your skill tree in an awkward state and the choices are too limited:

Tunnel Drive is still very slow, for someone focusing on stealth they would want to max this

Snatcher is fine on high-health mobs, but you could decide to max for farming

Coin Sap you could invest more for more reliable CC/less SP drain

Backstab is almost useless at this level for damage (the % after is nice), and you would want to max this (pretty thematic to dagger rogue!)

Raid while the only non-plagiarism area effect, is pretty useless due to SP cost, damage, and requirement of hide. This should be a choice to take.

Intimidate is a niche skill, this should be a choice to take.

Plagiarism is GREAT, but you need 10/10 to pick up preserve (required), even if you only copy a level 5 skill

Preserve is GREAT, 1/1, fantastic.

Skills you didn't take:

Divest Helm

Divest Shield

Divest Armor

Divest Weapon

Graffiti

Remove Trap

Gangster's Paradise

Compared to Storm Gust, Grand Cross, and several of the other top-tier thematic skills for other classes, this is too many pre-reqs. 

For a bow rogue, you would also take 10/10 vultures eye and 10/10 double strafe, leaving you with 0 points.

Suggested goal: Rogues should have more DECISIONS for their points, not required pre-reqs. 

Suggested methods to reach goal:

Remove or severely reduce the Tunnel Drive, Backstab, Raid, and Intimidate requirements from Plagiarism. 

Reduce Plagiarism cost to 5/5

Eliwood

Eliwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I agree. There should be less pre-reqs just as the ones gained by Crusader and Alchemist regarding the Chemical Protection skills.

+1

rkkn

rkkn

• Content Crafter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I agree.

I also agree with making sword rogue better

fragrappy

fragrappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I also agree. When you have a bow rogue you have to take a lot of useless skills (for a bow rogue).

Genares

Genares

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi everyone, merry Christmas!

Been playing melee Rogue, currently level 79. It feels really skill point starved and not really useful in parties, the only thing spamming coin sap so the mobs can't move...

A huge problem is the lack of options vs. Large sized mobs, the dagger penalty is huge (50%) so I suggest buffing it to 100/75/75 or another option would be to let the Rogues wield one handed axes without the huge penalty to ASPD, so they have an option to use a weapon with 100% damage vs. Large.

Also, Backstab feels really lackluster, it would be cool for it to pierce armor (maybe with a nerf in % damage) and being able to use it from upfront, maybe just for X seconds after a succesful use from the back or with some penalty to damage or not having the armor piercing or 100% hit it has from the back.

Snatcher being a 10 point passive feels really bad, and Tunnel Drive should just be a 1 pointer. Thanks for reading!

whatgoat

whatgoat

Advanced Member

• Content Crafter
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

A huge problem is the lack of options vs. Large sized mobs, the dagger penalty is huge (50%) so I suggest buffing it to 100/75/75 

I already suggested this during beta and again during release week but Insomnia determined that daggers were still good enough vs large when considering rogues can get both double and triple attack and assassins get up to 8 cards

Alternatively you can try using a 1h sword for bowling bash

as for backstab i suggest trying it again when you have a carded weapon, venom splasher felt really week for me until i got proper cards, now i do a ton of damage

Baldur

Baldur

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

i support you for having this stalker skill as rogue and agree with the change you stated and also can you guys give feed back on this...https://www.asgardle...job-only-gears/ need more people opinions this item will help us all

essay

essay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Commenting since after continuing to play the rogue and looking at the skill costs, it certainly could use a look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users