• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

tarstarkas

tarstarkas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi all,

The change to Signum Crucis to make it do aoe damage is a really neat idea for making acolyte leveling more interesting. The issue is the range of it is so small that it is hard to get off reliably without face tanking the mobs, and if you are face tanking the mobs then you get interrupted quite easily. Also, acolytes aren't exactly tanky so its quite a risky skill to use at the moment versus just healbombing mobs.

With this in mind I would like to suggest some possible tweaks to the current version of the skill that would hopefully make it more viable:

1. Make the skill uninterruptible.

or

2. Make the skill aoe bigger.

or

3. Make the skill castable on a player clicked location rather than around the acolyte's fragile body.

Thoughts?

rkkn

rkkn

• Content Crafter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

yes

Gawst

Gawst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

1. That's a core mechanic of the game and you could use a phen card etc. -1

2. I think this is the most viable option. If the server also agrees this skill needs tweaking then I don't see why it can't be buffed to 5x5. Also keep in mind that you don't want it to outclass Magnus Exorcismus  +1

3. I think this would be to strong and again might outclass, or at least keep tempo with, Magnus Exorcismus -1

tarstarkas

tarstarkas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Damage wise I don't think it is in any danger of out classing ME.

Gawst, there are uninterruptible skills in the game, so saying get a phen card doesn't really address the suggestion at all.

Gawst

Gawst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Tarstarkas

Lol yes it does.

Let's make asura uninterruptable then. Oh while were at it I'll take SG, LoV, and omg how could I forget. Let's make safety wall uninterruptable as well that way all those non tanky mages can level too.

kantoskan

kantoskan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

There are some abilities that have melee range (like Grand Cross) that were made uninterruptible to make them viable.  Comparing this ability to SG/LoV which you have the ability to cast at a distance with proper positioning/planning to prevent being interrupted is kind of silly.

rkkn

rkkn

• Content Crafter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Tarstarkas

Lol yes it does.

Let's make asura uninterruptable then. Oh while were at it I'll take SG, LoV, and omg how could I forget. Let's make safety wall uninterruptable as well that way all those non tanky mages can level too.

yes, a melee range low damage skill is a great comparison to ranged massive damage massive AoE skills, and also compares well to one-hit-kill skills

Gawst

Gawst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Look at how costly grand cross is to cast. That's how important gravity views uninterruptable cast times. You're deviating away from balancing and straying towards convenience.

I literally leveled my aco using this that's why I don't personally feel the need for the cast time to be uninterruptable.

kantoskan

kantoskan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Grand cross also deals a massive amount more damage that comes with that increased cost though.  Personally I don't think that a melee range AoE skill that is easily interruptible is balanced, but that's my opinion

whatgoat

whatgoat

Advanced Member

• Content Crafter
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

cast time is uninterruptible with today's patch and max lv reduced to 5

Gawst

Gawst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

With the nerf to GC Sader, I feel like that proves my point. 

Either way this skill isn't game breaking, I just firmly believe there are other options than making it uninterruptible. 

Shiroh

Shiroh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If you guys want a buff to DMG Priests, enable suffragium on themselves for better ME and Signum builds then :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users