Photo

Adware Detected

Best Answer Insomnia , 05 December 2018 - 07:10 PM

The patcher we use is a modified Thor patcher and it is well-known that it will throw false positives on anti-virus software for various reasons depending on what type of anti-virus software you're using.

The reason for this is because of the way it was designed and because of the configuration files embedded within the patcher itself. The creator, Aeomin, said there are plans to have the config not embedded (see bottom of his page here: http://thor.aeomin.net/ but AFAIK that hasn't happened and it's very common for servers that use Thor Patcher to receive false positives.

Unfortunately, there's no easy fix for this for the time being. Your best bet is to have your anti-virus software ignore the RO folder or those files in particular. Hope this provides some explanation! Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Sad Cat

Sad Cat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi. This server seen interesting so I downloaded to check it out. So, when I run the patcher for the first time, my Malwarebytes detected "adware.installmonster" and put the patcher on quarantine. I'm kinda worried cause this adware is famous for being very annoying so I wanna know if this is common and it's a false positive everyone gets with this server. Is it realy safe to ignore it? I know false positive is common but this is the first time I get one for adware.installmonster.

Insomnia

Insomnia

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 290 posts
✓  Best Answer
The patcher we use is a modified Thor patcher and it is well-known that it will throw false positives on anti-virus software for various reasons depending on what type of anti-virus software you're using.

The reason for this is because of the way it was designed and because of the configuration files embedded within the patcher itself. The creator, Aeomin, said there are plans to have the config not embedded (see bottom of his page here: http://thor.aeomin.net/ but AFAIK that hasn't happened and it's very common for servers that use Thor Patcher to receive false positives.

Unfortunately, there's no easy fix for this for the time being. Your best bet is to have your anti-virus software ignore the RO folder or those files in particular. Hope this provides some explanation!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users